On February 14th, 2013, the 15th anniversary of V-Day (a global movement to end violence against women and girls), we are inviting one billion women and those who love them to walk out, dance, rise up, and demand an end to this violence. One Billion Rising is a promise that we will rise up with women and men worldwide to say, “Enough! The violence ends now.”
The San Francisco Commission and Department on the Status of Women is helping to organize One Billion Rising San Francisco City Hall, and we want to formally invite you to be part of this inspiring event as a supporter!
There are a few things you can do to be an official supporter, and if you do become a supporter, One Billion Rising San Francisco will list your organization’s logo on their website and link back to your site. (see: www.onebillionrisingsf.org/sponsors).
– Support One Billion Rising to end violence by signing up on line here: www.onebillionrisingsf.org/join
– Spread the Word: Tweet, Facebook, Blog about it – invite your local community to attend the City Hall event on February 14th, 4:00 pm!
– Share the One Billion Rising Film and Record your own Short “I Rise Because…” Video: www.vday.org/home
– Sign Up to Volunteer: www.onebillionrisingsf.org/volunteer
– Show UP and DANCE on February 14, 2013
San Francisco is embracing One Billion Rising and will host an event on the steps of City Hall where Mayor Ed Lee, District Attorney George Gascón, Commission on the Status of Women President Julie Soo, and others will be there to stand and rise with One Billion Rising. We invite you, our Partner Agencies, our community partners, our friends and family to join us.
One Billion Rising San Francisco City Hall:
Thursday, February 14th, 2013. 4pm–6pm
City Hall, Polk Street Steps. 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA 94102