The second annual Rock ‘n’ Roll San Francisco Half Marathon is coming to the City by the Bay this Sunday, April 6, 2014. Runners from around the world will be traveling here to participate and volunteers are needed to come out in force to support the race. W.O.M.A.N., Inc. has been given a great opportunity to raise money by referring volunteers to support the race crew.
Not a runner or walker or maybe you just won’t be running this race? You can still be a part of the fun! Volunteers are needed to assist with every aspect of the event and W.O.M.A.N., Inc. has reserved volunteer positions at two shifts to allow for fundraising.
Team up with your friends or family and make it an experience you won’t forget!
Benefits of Volunteering
Even if you are not running, you can still be a part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll fun!
• You’ll receive a free race crew t-shirt
• You’ll receive a free race crew draw string back pack
• Receive free parking
• You’ll get the satisfaction of helping others
• Receive an official letter confirming your community service hours (if needed)
• Raise money for W.O.M.A.N., Inc.
• You’ll have a great time!
Volunteer at the Finish Line (Civic Center Plaza): (30 positions available)
Sunday, April 6th from 5:30 AM – 11:30 AM:
• Checked Gear Retrieval: Race Crew Volunteers are needed to facilitate the organization of gear bags, and return gear to each runner.
• Refreshment Zone: Race Crew Volunteers are needed to distribute water, bananas, oranges, energy bars and other food items after runners cross the Finish Line.
• Awards: Each runner is presented with a finisher’s medal. Race Crew Volunteers are needed to award a medal to each runner. Children under the required age of 14 may volunteer at the Award Area of the finish line. Please inquire.
Volunteer at Water Station #2 (Lincoln Blvd. & Merchant Rd. – near Ft. Scott Field): (60 positions available)
-Sunday, April 6th from 4:30 AM – 11:30 AM
• Groups of 10 or more individuals are needed to set up tables, pour water and then hand out water, sports drink and energy gel along the course.
A unique registration link has been created for our supporters to register as volunteers and ensure that W.O.M.A.N., Inc. receives financial support for every volunteer. By using the link you will default Team C.U.E. which is the W.O.M.A.N., Inc. team and be directed to select from one of the two opportunities listed above. Currently the greatest need is at Water Station #2, but you can certainly choose the shift that is more convenient for you: http://volunteer.competitor.com/signup.php?event_id=432&group_id=4794 Your email will be collected during registration and you will be sent confirmations, maps and additional instructions directly, the week of the race.