- How long have been with the W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Board? Since March 2009
- As a Board Member, what are some of your responsibilities? The Board of Directors is largely responsible for supporting the executive director and staff, ensuring effective strategic planning, goal-setting, and strengthening programs and services. To that end, my responsibilities include actively participating in all planning sessions/meetings, supporting the staff, fund development, and being a resource to the W.O.M.A.N., Inc. team.
- How did you come to be involved with W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? One of the previous board members is also a Kappa Kappa Gamma alumni. We were at a sorority alumni event, and as we were mingling, she was talking about the organization. I asked her for her contact info so we could chat later more about the organization, and she invited me to one of W.O.M.A.N., Inc.’s events. I quickly became interested in learning more, having a passion in women’s issues and ending domestic violence.
- What are you looking forward to as W.O.M.A.N., Inc. continues to grow? Our ability to provide quality services to more survivors, as well as the ability to measure the impact and long-term change resulting from this work. I also look forward to continuing to hear the stories of the lives being transformed and developing relationships in the community.
- What do you enjoy the most about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? The stories of the survivors! I equally enjoy working with the dedicated staff, Board members, and volunteers. This is a very passionate and inspirational group of individuals!