Look for a way to give back to the community? Our joint 40-hour survivor support training with the Riley Center is coming up this Spring and we want you to join us! Application deadline is
April 17th, 2015 April 26, 2015(due to continued interest and space availability, we are extending the deadline.) Please note, at this time we are only recruiting volunteers for our 24 hour Support Line, Latina Program, Language Support Advocates and Drop-In Support.
Training dates are as follows:
May 8,15, 22, June 5,12 all Fridays 9:30-5:30
You can fill out an application online here!
Upon completion of your application, please email Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we have received your application.
Here are some things volunteers have said about the 40-hour training:
- “The facilitators were complimentary to each other, had a wealth of knowledge & experience to offer the group, made the space feel like a safe place to learn and grow and created a positive environment.”
- I loved all trainings, presenters, topics, activities. I wish we could have an 80 hour training!
- “Presenters on legal information were incredibly helpful and easy to follow. It felt like a safe/supportive space where we built a nice community.”
- “I learned so much!”
- “Thanks to the facilitators for your time and amazing energy. I really enjoyed the training. It was an awesome experience.”
- “Thank you very much for all the hard work. I now have new tools under my belt on how to better support DV survivors overall. Great training.”