1) How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.?
Years ago my good friend Simi Grewal
began actively working with the organization and became a member of the board. Because of her active involvement with the organization I learned a good amount about the organization.
2) Please tell us about your fundraising efforts for W.O.M.A.N., Inc.
One evening in conversation Simi mentioned to me that October was Domestic Violence Awareness month. After some discussion I mentioned that perhaps we could raise money using my business. Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry and lifestyle brand out of New York and I am a merchandiser.
As a merchandiser, I bring my jewelry to businesses, home parties, and individual styling sessions. Simi as not only a friend but a happy Chloe + Isabel customer loved the idea and so we started to plan. By creating an online campaign through Facebook and utilizing all orders that were placed through my boutique had a portion donated toward W.O.M.A.N., Inc.
It really is as simple as that.
You can check out my boutique at www.candibytamar.com
. I love giving back from my business and hope to continue doing so with WOMAN, Inc.
3) What inspired you to support W.O.M.A.N., Inc’s anti-violence efforts? I love that it is an organization that supports women. I love that it is local to the bay area. I trust that it is an honest organization and that my efforts are truly making a difference in the lives of women and children that are victims of domestic violence.
4) What is the impact you hope for your support to have on the community?
I love that my money is going to help women in so many ways. I hope that there are many women I can help that otherwise may not have had the help.
5) Can you share a fun fact about yourself?
I’m obsessed with traveling and can’t wait until I can start actively doing so again. I’m planning a long trip to Italy for my 40th birthday.