We want to send a BIG thank you to everyone who supported Dismantling and Rebuilding: An Evening for Stronger, Safer Communities. On April 28th, we celebrating our Executive Director Jill Zawisza’s 20 years of leadership in the domestic violence field and her 10th anniversary with W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Dismantling & Rebuilding was about anti-oppression, intersectional feminism, collaboration across difference, and holding collective power. Inspired by the words of Audre Lorde, “the master’s tools will never dismantle the master’s house,” the event sought to promote stronger, safer communities rooted in intersectionality and inclusion. Board, staff, volunteers and community members came together to celebrate with art, music, drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and a silent auction. With everyone’s support, the W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Board was able to put together a heartwarming and fun event that raised over $7,000 for domestic violence survivors, their friends and family.
- The W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Board of Directors and, W.O.M.A.N., Inc. volunteer, Alice Yom who worked so hard organizing this event.
- The speakers: Beverly Upton, Alicia Padillapaz, Mary Martinez, Sharon Turner, Erin Scott and Lija McHugh Farnham
- The attendees & donors
- The volunteers who helped during the event: Sarah Lee, Lauren McCaffrey, Caresse Santin & Tony
- Alex Orozco for donating her photography skills
- Alicia Padillapaz & Miriam for making W.O.M.A.N., Inc. cupcakes for the event
- Galeria de la Raza for hosting us in their space.