Please join us for an Open House on November 2nd, 2016 from 4-8 pm to celebrate the opening of the new W.O.M.A.N., Inc. space in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood.
There will be a wine tasting, silent auction of original art pieces and other unique lots, snacks and refreshments and a chance to meet our office staff, board members and volunteers. We hope to see you there and thank you for your efforts to help those impacted by domestic abuse and to build stronger, safer communities.
What: W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Open House
Where: 26 Boardman Place, San Francisco
When: November 2nd, 2016 from 4:00 – 8:00 pm
Please RSVP on our Eventbrite so we can get a sense of how many of you we can expect! (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/woman-inc-open-house-tickets-28409641001)
There is NO COST to attend, but we would greatly appreciate donations to help cover the costs of the event. Interested in supporting our Open House? We’ve got a hardworking bunch putting this event together! Please consider making a donation to help us provide our awesome community members with eats & activities: https://www.crowdrise.com/womenorganizedtomakeabusenonexistent-purplepurse2016/fundraiser/teamwomaninc
Invite your friends on Facebook!
- Knowledge is power! Educate yourself about healthy and unhealthy relationships.Learn about the additional barriers people from different communities face when experiencing domestic violence. Challenge traditional ideas of domestic violence & squash misconceptions. Read about how different patterns of violence intersect with one another. Spread that knowledge around!
- Wear purple, the domestic violence awareness color. Show your support by adding some purple to your ensembles this October.
- If you’re interested in supporting W.O.M.A.N., Inc.:
- Allstate’s Purple Purse Challenge! We are excited to be selected to participate in this annual event, a nation-wide fundraiser to raise awareness of financial abuse & to promote economic empowerment. We have a chance to win $100,000 and would love to garner your support in our cause. Click here to find out how you can get involved.
- Contribute to our Pet Fund! Anyone who donates $25+ to the Pet Fund will receive a 2017 W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Pet Calendar
- We are amongst a plethora of bay area anti-violence agencies. Find one you support, and contribute to the cause. Any little bit helps.
4. Attend an event near you! Domestic violence agencies from all around the country will be hosting events to honor DV awareness month. Participating in one is an easy way to be apart of the movement.
5. Contact a local domestic violence agency to learn more about domestic violence and what you can do to help.
- Interested in getting involved? Check out our volunteer opportunities!
- Engage. Educate. Empower! W.O.M.A.N., Inc. is offering a free workshop on how to support survivors of domestic violence.
6. Talk about it! Don’t be afraid to initiate conversations about domestic violence awareness. With that said, part of being a good ally is to do your best to exercise non-judgmental love and support. If someone opens up to you about their experience with abuse, actively listen and believe the survivor when they are brave enough to speak their truth. Here are some tips on disclosure to keep in mind when dealing with those experiencing domestic violence:
7. Take action on social media! The internet is FULL of stuff to get involved with. Share with your networks why you’re standing up against DV this month, start/participate in awareness campaigns (Examples: SurvivedAndPunished, NoMore, CPEDV Calendar, #SeeDV). So many ways to show your support just from your computer at home.
Remember, domestic violence is a community issue. You can have a role in ending domestic violence. Learn more about ways you can help:
If you feel you or someone you know may be experiencing abuse, please feel free to give our support line a call at (415)864-4722. We are here for you 24/7.
www.womaninc.org | womaninc.wordpress.com
Please join us at San Francisco Public Library on Wednesday, April 20th for our free workshop apart of our Community Education Series.
This presentation is designed for teens and young adults exploring intimate relationships. Participants learn to recognize and define qualities of a healthy relationship, what it means to have boundaries in a relationship, and develop a personal definition of trust. Examples are provided of healthy and unhealthy boundaries, and discussion is encouraged.
Testimonial from last year’s workshop:
“My daughter and I are very impressed by the teen dating education event. The presenters are passionate, knowledgeable, and friendly. As a mother, I find the presentation materials extremely useful when discussing the topic of dating with my daughter. I highly recommend parents with teenage children (girls and boys) to attend the teen dating education seminar.”
RVSP on Facebook & invite your friends & family!
Hello community members! We are excited to announce that W.O.M.A.N., Inc. was selected as apart of Silicon Valley Gives, a fundraising effort for non-profits throughout the bay, and we need your help to make it a success. SVGives is an online giving day that supports nonprofit organizations in San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco and San Benito counties. On May 3, W.O.M.A.N., Inc. will join together with hundreds of nonprofits to unite our community in the act of giving.
Leveraging investments from sponsors, the SVGives campaigns in 2014 and 2015 raised nearly $16 million from thousands of individuals to support charitable causes in our community.
Here are some ways YOU can help:
- Donate before & on the giving day on Razoo!
- Before: Though Silicon Valley Gives Day is on May 3, we are allowed to start collecting donations from now forward. Any amount, big or small is a helpful movement towards a successful campaign!
- During: Give at optimal times — each hour has a different fundraising challenge. We will be live updating on the Facebook event page and Twitter this day. SVCF and their supporters will be giving away over $3 MILLION in prizes to participating non-profits.
- You can visit our Razoo page here.
- Organize a fundraising event for W.O.M.A.N., Inc. in support of SVGives day:
- Interested in a more involved way of showing your support? Consider organizing a fundraiser/fundraising event! Not only are events an interactive way to get the community involved in a cause you believe in, Razoo make it easy to raise money for an organization of your choice. Simply visit our Razoo page and click on the “Start a Fundraiser” button located on the bottom right corner. All that you raise will go straight back to us!
- Help us spread the word!
- Increase our audience & visibility by sharing this post on your social media platforms!
- Share this blog post about SVGives.
- Show people the faces of W.O.M.A.N., Inc. by sharing our Microstories with your networks.
- Direct people to our Razoo page/encourage others to create a Razoo fundraiser page.
Any bit of support, big and small, is much appreciated! Your contributions will go directly back to our programs that serve domestic violence survivors, their friends and family. You can learn about our services here & learn more about our current projects here.
Thank you for your support this year! With your help, we’ve been able to reach new heights in programming.
We have more on the horizon for 2016 including a hybrid (online and in person sessions) domestic violence training and a leadership training for past program participants. Your ongoing support will be pivotal in their success!
Won’t you please make a gift to W.O.M.A.N., Inc. today? Help us make 2016 the best yet!