1) How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? I attend City College of San Francisco where I am enrolled in classes to complete the Social Justice & Diversity Certificate and earn my transfer degree. Through enrollment at City, I became aware of the Project SURVIVE community. Project SURVIVE is a peer education program that promotes … Continue reading Thank you for your support, Kali!
1) How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? Years ago my good friend Simi Grewal began actively working with the organization and became a member of the board. Because of her active involvement with the organization I learned a good amount about the organization. 2) Please tell us about your fundraising efforts for W.O.M.A.N., Inc. … Continue reading Donor Spotlight: Tamar Gonsalves
1) What is your name and what do you do? My name is Shirley Lee and I am an international corporate tax consultant. In my spare time, I volunteer for various charitable causes such as animal rescue, homelessness, and breast cancer. 2) How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? I first learnt about WOMAN … Continue reading Donor Highlight: Shirley Lee
1) How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? From the fabulous Jill Zak's Facebook posts. 2) What inspired you to support W.O.M.A.N., Inc.'s anti-violence efforts? What's not to support? No one should live under the fear of or reality of violence. I love and appreciateW.O.M.A.N., Inc.'s mission and I'm thrilled to be able to … Continue reading Donor Highlight – Dani Paquin
1) What is your name? Stephanie Burns 2) How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? I know I shared this story with you, so I'll work to keep this one as short and simple as I can :). In spring of 2010, I met an individual by the name of Brandon Brown, with whom … Continue reading Donor Highlight – Stephanie Burns
In August, W.O.M.A.N., Inc. learned that the Pamakid Runners Charity will be supporting our Therapy Program with a $3,000 grant donation. The Pamakid Runners Charity makes regular donations to local non-profit community organizations that match their club’s mission to “promote a healthy lifestyle.” Our unique therapy program promotes a healthy lifestyle by teaching survivors of … Continue reading Pamakid Runners Charity to Support Therapy Program
How did you first learn about W.O.M.A.N., Inc.? Through my friend Mariya Taher, who works there. What inspired you to support W.O.M.A.N., Inc.'s anti-violence efforts? Domestic violence is such a widespread problem. I feel that it is often downplayed and swept under carpets. The work that W.O.M.A.N., Inc. does for the community is so important … Continue reading W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Donor Highlight–Katinka Partridge