Make a difference. Join our volunteer community!
W.O.M.A.N., Inc. (Women Organized to Make Abuse Nonexistent, Inc.) believes that to best fulfill its mission to end violence and oppression, the diversity of the community it serves must be reflected within its team. A strong, vibrant organization consists of community members with unique attributes from various ethnicities, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, immigration statuses and abilities. As an integral part of the community, W.O.M.A.N., Inc. encourages you to contribute your individual experience, working together to support survivors of domestic violence and to end abuse.
We have volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
* 24 hour Crisis Line
* Children’s Program (currently inactive)
* Latina Program
* Language Support Advocacy
* Outreach & Community Education
Advanced Survivor Support:
* Support Group Facilitation
* Consultation/Drop-in Hours
* Training & Observation Support
* Volunteer Steering Committee
* Development Team
* Events Committee
* Administrative & Program Support
* Social Media Team
* Domestic Violence Information and Referral Center Team
We are particularly seeking applicants from LGBTQ communities and folks who are bilingual in English/Spanish, though everyone is welcome to apply!
For more information about our training and volunteer program please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org