W.O.M.A.N., Inc. helps to empower survivors of domestic violence AND YOU CAN HELP.
We help empower survivors so they know that they are entitled to a peaceful home and a romantic partnership that is mutually fulfilling, loving and non-violent. Please see our website for more information on our programs, and how they help survivors!
Surviving abusive relationships comes with many struggles — more for some than others. When someone is trying to get to a safe(r) place, there are basic needs that need to met to make that happen. Sometimes folks need help with transportation costs, food, toiletries, water etc. These needs are even greater when survivors are low-income, isolated from friends/family, have dependents, are disabled, undocumented and/or are otherwise marginalized.
These items can help W.O.M.A.N., Inc. support survivors of domestic violence in a holistic and relevant manner:
- Gift Cards for Walgreens, Safeway, Ross, local restaurants, etc… (For survivors and their children who must flee without funds to supply for their basic needs.)
- Motel Vouchers (for those survivors who may only need one night in a confidential location as they prepare to enter shelter, or leave town)
- Muni Passes or Muni Passport or Muni single ride tickets
- BART Tickets (for those survivors who don’t have transportation, but desperately need to leave San Francisco)
- Funds for documentation reproduction, court related costs and other costly, one time needs
- Gently used clothing, household appliances and other donations can be made in W.O.M.A.N., Inc.’s name at Community Thrift, 623 Valencia, San Francisco.
In addition, W.O.M.A.N., Inc.’s administrative office is in need of the following items:
- Gift Cards for Walgreens, Safeway, Ross, local restaurants, etc. (For survivors and children who must flee without funds).
- Motel Vouchers (for those survivors who may only need one night in a confidential location until they can find a shelter or leave town).
- Muni Passes, Muni Passport or Muni single ride tickets, or BART tickets
- Used cell phones with batteries (no chargers, please!)
- People willing to throw a Party With Purpose Party for W.O.M.A.N., Inc. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (415)969-6761
- W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WOMANInc
- W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Twitter – https://twitter.com/WOMANinc
If you (or your organization) are able to support our work through a donation of any of the above items, please contact us here. Thank you!
W.O.M.A.N., Inc. also has a wishlist for its Adopt A Family Holiday Gift Card Drive. Through this wishlist, you can easily buy gift cards to Safeway, Target or Walgreens. Please have them shipped to our physical location so that we can distribute them to survivors.